Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hubris OOC

Banned
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level

Exclamation The Hubris OOC

Post your characters here for The Hubris, a high fantasy epic journey about learning why the world is the way it is and what effect a magical apocalypse had on the outside world. Which brave champions will go on a journey for a new gem to put The Pale back into use, to keep The Hubris safe for another 1000 years?

We're looking for about one to two paragraph responses, no over powering characters, no auto kills, etc.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Appearance:

----------------------
    The village is known as The Hubris. One thousand years ago King Trevor use a magical gem to create The Pale, a blue magical field that covers the lands of The Hubris. It was told to the villagers that The Pale would protect them from the outside world, and the possible war of magic that was to come. The Pale was there to keep people from venturing outside and being taken by the evils that lurked in the unknown.

A thousand years have passed, and the villagers have passed along stories of how King Trevor saved them from the war that no one ever saw. The stories have gotten more and more extravagant about what had happened outside, though no one knew. King Trevor is long gone, replaced by his ancestor King Robert. The King had married a peasant, who had passed away in childbirth of the only royal child, Princess Zella. She is kind to all the villagers, just as her father is, and at the age of eighteen knows her time to wed is coming soon to continue the royalty lineage.

On a sunny day, like many others, a terrible loud cracking noise was heard by all the villagers in the middle of the afternoon. As they all frantically looked around they could see the bluish tint of The Pale slowly faded, and disappeared completely. It was soon discovered that the magical gem was cracked, it's time done, and The Hubris was open to the outside world once more. What will happen to The Hubris? Will The Pale ever exist again? What is in that world that was hidden behind that blueish tint all the years? Only one way to find out.
    Last edited by Mylo; 12-22-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Luddite

Name: Cornelius Panderlou

Appearance: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ames%C2%A9.jpg

For as long as i can remember i always wanted to be a knight, a great warrior and slayer of dragons. In my youth such was my promise and with my boyish wooden sword i was feared by my friends and all the dogs of the village.

But such a path was not mine to walk. My father's footsteps led along a different road and as with all I was destined to follow them. A scholar my father was, and so a scholar i became. Now i am a warrior of sorts, for i have come to learn that the quill is mightier than the sword, in certain respects at least; for might is the child of power, and power the child of knowledge. And so, the scholar, as guardian of knowledge, i have learned wields the power of a thousand swords, for my counsel and wisdom is sought by the King and his coterie. I give them succour and the wisdom that they need.

Beside this duty my life has been passed in this great hall; a library and laboratory unrivaled by any other. I have plundered its wealth without restraint and slaked my intellectual thirst until it overflowed. And there it became forbidden curiosity. For twenty generations we have lived here within The Pale; that great blue aegis that has kept us safe from the uncounted horrors beyond.

None could pass that barrier, and even to look is thought by many to invite calamity. But here in my tower i have wiled many days and nights peering through the blue haze to the cruel wilds beyond. I've wondered what stalks there, and observed much that i do not comprehend.

Now the Pale is done and the great jewel is cracked evermore! The people of Hubris look now into the dark in fear. But i do not. I look with wonder. I look with the eyes of a boy wielding his wooden sword. I hope that i have years enough remaining to satisfy my burning curiosity; what is out there?

Home
    In Hubris, a large well-secured home with a well stocked library, laboratories, stores, etc. Opposite the carpenter's workshop, up a street that leads down to the market place and up to the castle.
    Last edited by Luddite; 12-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Name: Princess Zella Lanta
    Appearance: http://fav.me/dbypx6 Black hair, pale skin, green eyes. Dark red dress.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Name: Grimwald
    Appearance: Unkept, scruffy.
    Occupation: Alcoholic, wood crafter - ex town guard soldier type.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Name: Neeko
    Appearance: Gruffy, unkempt beard, worn clothes, a little over 6' tall. Large broad shoulders

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Name: Thadar
    Appearance: Young, dark haired, green eyes, pale white skin, lithe body. Always wears a hooded cape, with its hood up.

I was looking to turn my life around. The only home I had never known was the thief gang that ruled my block. So when an announcement was posted looking for volunteers to go repair the jewel. I volunteered immediately.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Welcome aboard Dance, feel free to post to the story at any time here.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Just need Nicodemus to post and then I'll post my next post.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    "More Ale!"

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    I meant post in the main story :P