Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Here ther be Dragons

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Shia’s attempt at calling the animals was a failure. The dragon swatted at them as if they were flies. Shia felt a stab of guilt at the sacrifice the animals made to help their cause. Then she saw the dragon swat at Lief and he flew into a building taking the wall with him. Fear stabbed her heart, she prayed he was Ok. Shia attempted to try and form a link with the dragon and communicate with it like she does with animals. It seemed as if a barrier was in place; she could get no thoughts, only fleeting images and death and destruction. This was no natural creature; this was a creature of magic.

Shia then saw Zella run up a tower to attempt to rope the dragon’s jaws shut. Shia thought that plan was very resourceful so she looked around to see what she could do to help but first she wanted to check on Leif. Then Leif came running out of the building wielding a large hammer. The hammer actually hurt the dragon, where blades had failed! Shia also saw the building Zella went into was about to come down. Shia ran to building, nearly missing the giant tail as it swished up and down. The dragon let out an ear piercing roar; this dragon was in pain and wanted vengeance. It was also angry at its jaws being roped shut and she could see this dragon was ready for the vengeance it craved.

Luckily this dragon had not noticed Shia yet, and she was behind him trying to gain access to the building. All Shia had for weapons were her daggers; her bow and arrows were back in the room. Shia thought if she could scale the dragon and reach his head maybe she could take out his eye.

“Do or Die” Shia said to herself as she dodged the tail and tried to gauge its next landing so she could launch herself and get on its back.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Racing towards the mangle of scales, chewed flesh, and combat, Izakar had just enough time to see one of the large men from the Fighter's Guild get tossed through a wall. The dragon was not to be disturbed, but Izakar still had his vengeance to gain. Stepping over a body, he ran forward, his blade drawn and looking for some soft spot that could be damaged.

The dragon careened hard over Izakar's head, the rope and clock tower doing their work. The dragon stumbled hard into the tower, stones and dust falling from the damaged structure. Regaining its footing, the dragon reared back, shredding the rope and freeing itself from the well played move. Then, its toe was smashed by the man who had climbed out of the wall. Izakar realized he had been watching, likely having missed several opportunities.

The dragon roared and moved to attack the man who had wounded him. A wing dipped low and Izakar made his move. His blade cut deep into leathery, bat like wing, drawing another shriek from the beast.

"Remember me," Izakar bellowed. "I will hunt you till one of us is dead, I swear by every god I can swear by, it will happen."

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Level
    Eoghan climbed the wall just to see a rope around the dragon's mouth, a hammer strike, a tower almost falling, a cut on a wing and the dragon free from the rope again... and... "what in the..." he said when he noticed a girl dodging the beast's tail, like if she was trying to get over it... an armored man was in front of the beast, and the one that had attacked with the hammer was not far... "how can I..." he thought, and an idea came to mind.

"HEY!!" he shouted at the dragon as he jumped from the wall over ash and embers. "HEY, YOU, CONDEMNED BEAST". It had been years since he had shouted, he didn't even remembered his voice as more than a whisper. "HEY" he continued, drawing an arrow from his quiver and placing it on the string. "HEY" he said, standing still, 15 feet from the beast. "HEY, LOOK AT ME" he said when he fired the first arrow. He didn't even know where it had hit the beast, nor if it had noticed, but it didn't matter. "HEEEY" he said after releasing the second arrow. The monster was so large that it was almost impossible to miss, and Eoghan didn't care for wounding it, he just wanted it's attention. "Maybe this way the others can make more damage" he thought when he released the third arrow, hitting the dragon in the head. This time it noticed.

"YES, YOU!!" he kept shouting "HERE I AM!! LOOK, HERE, YOU UGLY BEAST!!". It's eyes were full of rage. They reminded Eoghan of those of an enraged bear or a wildboar. "This is not different, this is not different" he kept thinking "this is the same, I must distract it so the others have a greater chance, it is not different" and so the beast finally fired. "This is it!!" he said, as only a whisper, as he jumped out of reach. He had done it many a time, when faced to a bear, a boar or a wolf. "This is just another beast... just another" he kept thinking. "YOU MISSED, YOU BIG UGLY FREAK!!" he said, firing another arrow. The dragon's breath was hard to dodge, and the heat that sorrounded it just made it worst. Eoghan felt like he was in the fires of Hell, but he kept shouting and firing at the beast so it would focus on him. "If it attacks, I dodge, simple, it is simple, just like I would with a bear" he kept reminding himself, as to not become prey to terror. "I just hope the others are able to hurt this thing before my agility fails" he said, firing one more arrow.
    Last edited by Dalir; 09-30-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Zella weaved through falling stone as the tower began to collapse. She managed to make her way to the bottom step, and pushed through the destroyed now splintered wooden door that remained. Outside she heard screaming and saw many people attacking the beast as one man attempted to distract it. Being so close Zella finally realized how large the monster was, and how much damage it was doing to her home.

Grumbling she grabbed her ax and ran towards the closest part of the beast to her, it's front leg. She swung with all her might at the thinnest part of it's leg in attempts to make some kind of damage but the first swing missed. Balancing herself, she tried again, this time her ax hit with a thud, but it felt awkward and no where near as sturdy as a tree bark when she hit one. As she pulled the ax away she frowned, she had expected more blood. Zella wondered if this wasn't going to do any damage what could she do to help. The rope seemed to be holding steady, but it wouldn't for long. Glancing over at a local building she realized they were by the black smith. Dodging between the dragons legs she ran inside the condemned looking building and grabbed some metal chain link that hung on the wall. They were usually used to hold the blacksmiths weapons, but now the weapons were cast aside, and no one was around to tell her otherwise.

Running back outside she stared at the beast, and thought to herself, "How the hell am I supposed to get this around those giant wings?!"

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:

Level
    leif saw the dragon reacting to the archer's shots and dashed to assist.

"ho! friend, let me charm your arrows!" he shouted and began scribeing a semi-circle around them in the ashes.

algiz
    issa

when the rune charm was written, a wall of ice formed in an incomplete dome around them, and leif held out his hand for the arrows.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Just as Shia was about to jump on the dragons back side to attempt to put out an eye, she saw Zella with chains and then she saw Leif charming arrows. Then Shia had an idea, if she could get Leif to charm the chains as well, then she and Zella could try and get those chains around the dragon. She was not sure what the magic was going to do to the arrows but she was sure the charmed chains could hold the dragon.

She motioned to Zella to get to Leif right as the tail nearly threw her aside. The dragons roar was so loud it was almost impossible to hear. Then Shia called to Cavall to have him nudge Zella and the chains closer to where Leif was busy charming the arrows. She just hoped they would both know what she wanted them to do before it was too late. She was still near the tail end of the dragon and the noise was simply too loud for them to hear her shouts.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Izakar ducked a spurt of blood and some scythe like claws. The dragon was wounded, and reeling somewhat from being attacked and hurt at all. He was bellowing with rage, thrashing about trying to end the souls that were daring to stand in his way. The ice dome held fast under an angry blow, but with his attention there, he felt a sharp pain in his foot. Izakar had run his sword up inside the shattered nail, finding something soft inside.

Another bellow and a thrash, and the dragon leapt to the sky. The wash off his wings raised dirt and debris all over. Izakar used his shield to simply act as a barrier from the high speed dirt. They had fended the dragon off, but he was far from dead. And dragon's had long memories.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Level
    Eoghan noticed the man of the hammer near him saying something about charming his arrows... and suddenly an ice wall rose from nowhere.

"What in hell?!" he shouted, suddenly lost, not understanding anything about all this. "First the smell of wolves, then a dragon, and now this weird ice, I should have never come here..." he said to himself. Then he noticed the man of the hammer with his hand extended. "Eh, do not worry about me, just keep hitting that be-" he couldn't finish his sentence as suddenly the monster was flying over them and moving away, causing dirt to fly too. Eoghan barely got to cover his face with his cloak, and the wind nearly threw him off balance.

"Well... that is one less problem" he said, again only as a whisper.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:

Level
    leif rose as he saw the dragon flee, rage boiling in his heart

"Come back you coward! This game is not finished!" throwing a rock in the beast's wake "I will make you feel fear and pain before you die! there is nowhere that will hide you from me!"

Banned
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    Zella stumbled backwards with the wind of the wings force as she grumbled. She couldn't say she was completely disappointed in it leaving. As she stood up she glanced around and saw wounded around and her eyes opened wide, "Mutter!"

She took off running towards her home in search of her mother, praying everything was alright. The sight of blood and wreckage blurred around her as she ran and jumped over bodies until she made it to her home, and swung open the door. On the bed lay her mother, her youngest brother had a wash cloth over her head as Sven wrapped bandage over her chest. Sven was bleeding as well, though he seemed to ignore them as he helped his mother.

"Nein..." she ran towards her mother side and took over, "Mutter, please..."

A weak smile greeted her, as her mother spoke in German, "You're okay, I'm so glad. Three of my children made it at least."

Three? Eyes darted around as she didn't see her other brother, "...Adler..."

Sven pushed up and hid the pained expression as he walked over to his own bed. He refused to show his mother that he was bleeding so badly. It wasn't long after that their mother passed away, and all three sobbed as Zella refused to leave her side. Sven, not wanting to disturb the moment, lay on his bed. Staying strong, he hid the fact that he was injured. He mentioned he was going to lay down on deaf ears, and fell asleep not sure if he'd wake up again.