PDA

View Full Version : How did you get interested in anime?

Fry
01-27-2013, 09:02 PM
What got you interested in anime for the first time? Did your friends or family get you into anime or did a particular character or show somehow catch your attention?

spacecadet
01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
A friend talked me into watching Sailor Moon in middle school. I wasn't too crazy about it. A few years later in high school, another friend talked me into watching FLCL and Gungrave. SOLD! I cried at the end of Gungrave. I have never been emotional watching TV or even a movie before and it was then my addiction began.

Nessa
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
I grew up with Toonami, CNX, and Fox Kids. At a young age, I was watching Sailor Moon, Card Captors, Dragonball Z, Pokémon, Digimon, all that stuff.

Then I was reading my brother's movie magazine and there was an 'anime movie' that reminded me of the art style... so I decided to check it out. As luck would have it, this film was going to premiere on TV in the UK only a month later. It was Spirited Away. I was absolutely mesmerised by how beautiful the artwork, music and story were, so I decided to look for more anime on our new computer with broadband Internet... and nearly 10 years later, here I am. :)

theinksun
02-10-2013, 05:44 AM
I grew up with Toonami, CNX, and Fox Kids. At a young age, I was watching Sailor Moon, Card Captors, Dragonball Z, Pokémon, Digimon, all that stuff.

Me too. At a young age I grew up with the Ninja Turtles and the Looney Tunes and the Simpsons. Anime attracted me because it was so different, so grown-up, so badass! In DBZ, characters would get ripped in half, scream at the top of their lungs, raise the dead after summoning the eternal dragon, and even use curse words. Also, the foreign elements, including legends and art style, captivated me. I loved drawing anime characters.

kevinh3
05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
i first got into anime/manga with the guyver series, but the more i found out about it. I found more series like cusshan, dragonball Z, dragonball GT, outlaw star, ghost in the shell:SAC, and many other series.
right now i am a fan of soul eater and naruto.

Nakuya
12-16-2013, 05:52 AM
I think the first ever anime i saw was dragon ball z when it was aired on cartoon network. Since then i don't know how or why but i became fan of anime and manga.