PDA

View Full Version : Any current works?

Nathan
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Was hoping for a more writer's group feel to this forum, as I hate going to IN PERSON writing groups. So I would like to know about current works, ideas, help with fleshing out outlines. Any body have any good projects? I am currently finishing my first novel and would like opinions and reviews (hopefully good ones) when I epublish it. Working on the outline for the next installment of the series.

Logan Petty
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM
I just started self publishing this year. I have two books on Amazon in my Hammerhold Tales series. The first one is called Thrallborn and the second one is called Ghosts of Alfhaven. They are set in the land of Hammerhold, which is a very old Norse/Celtic inspired setting. They follow a half elf boy named Sawain, who was born into slavery. Every year, on his birthday, he makes a wish for his freedom, mostly out of superstition, though he does not believe in the gods. On his sixteenth birthday, his wish comes true, but not in the way he expected or really wanted. The story follows Sawain as he fights his way through many challenges to rise to hero status in a world where heroes are worshiped as much or more than the gods.

Lisa Hall
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi Nathan. My first book went out last month and I'm currently working on two MS, one NA romance and one military space opera. The space opera will be out first. I work from very loose outlines, mostly inside my head and then organize the work from an often wandering second or third draft. I work with an couple of editors, depending on what stage I'm at. That's generally where I take all my beatings.

It is good to have the outline for the next couple of installments, just so you don't hang yourself up with something in the previous books.

Nice meeting you.

Lisa

LastDragon
07-08-2016, 08:20 PM
I am still working on the details of a story that has been in my head in some form for about the last year. I hope to have it end at around eight books long with each book being around the size of the books from The Wheel of time or Malazan Book of the Fallen. I am having the most trouble with coming up with a great beginning.