PDA

View Full Version : LFG: Medievil Fantasy Setting

Rodgin Kemph
09-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi. Figured I'd get something up here and see if we can't generate some RP.

I'm looking to run a story about a world similar to the middle ages, but with magic and magical creatures (dragons, ogres, etc). The economy and political climate would be similar to the Dark Ages of Europe, but certainly different with those added elements.

I don't have a specific direction this is going, just some plot points along the way. I'll be playing a warrior type character. Probably a tailor from a village that was destroyed by a dragon. Being the only survivor, he will take his petition to the local lord and then set out for vengeance on his own after that meeting.

Hoping for three others at a minimum.

A little about myself and my background. Online RP is something I've done for almost 2 decades. I'm willing to teach/mentor at two players if you've never done this and want to get your feet wet. Let me just say, while writing individually is something I enjoy, creating a story with several dynamic viewpoints is a thing that just never gets old.

Mylo
09-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Oooh! Sounds interesting! Sounds similar to a D&D settings. I like it!

I'll join in, we could get started and then add people as we go. If written right people could join in whenever. Thanks for posting!

Rodgin Kemph
09-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I would be ok with that. And similar, but much more closely akin to history. The Church, actual countries, etc.

And yeah, I'll start getting other things up to get this moving. I hope we gather some more folks.

Mylo
09-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I do too! I promoted the new area on a group. I'm going to see if Jake will promote it also on the Sci-Fi Rocks my World page, so we can get a few more viewers at least.

Do you want to do character sheets or just jump in whenever?